12 March, 2012

Worry Not!!


Joshua 1:9 - Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever  you go.

My word for the week is Be Strong...Worry not!!!
Being strong is not an option, it is a command from our Father.
Jesus warned us not to worry...we should be like birds of the air, care free.

''For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? "Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they? And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to to his life?'' Mt 6:25

Worry is not worship!!!Worry robs us of the power to worship as it diverts our focus from God to our situation. Worry glorifies the problem and minimizes the value,power and potential of a solution. It minimizes the power of God in our lives.

So my friends, do not get distracted by the devil's tactic of bringing fear upon us. Jesus is more important than the problem before us.

God has not given us a Spirit of fear His word records that. Fear is not of God.

This week I want to ignore the enemy and worship the King through my trials and temptations.

For if I learn to worship while the enemy sits across from me at the same table,

If I learn to pay such close attention to the King of Kings that I forget about the enemy staring at my face,

Then I get to win.

So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Mt6.34

Peace be upon you my friends....not peace as the world gives...but peace that surpasses all human understanding.

Shalom



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share this, put a smile on someone's face :-)